Published August 10, 2010 by Dan Presser
I read a recent study that showed 0% of internet users would be willing to pay to use Twitter. I don’t use Twitter myself, but with all the talk out there about Twitter these days, I was quite surprised to see that even those who use it don’t really see any value in it. Establishing value is an important tenet in any business so here are some simple valuation points for our business: Website video and professional video production services
1) Video combines sight, sound, motion, and emotion to provide the most optimum format of communication.
2) Video is a great way to introduce yourself or explain a complex issue in understandable terms. Given the choice, most folks would prefer to watch a two-minute video instead of slogging through pages of text on a website or PDF.
3) Video provides a great avenue to engage your prospective clients and stay on your website longer. People search the web for information on products and services they want to buy. Video allows you to present information about those products and services in a more accessible format.
4) Better communication with your customers and clients leads to other benefits. Product videos can help increase sales and online video has also been shown to reduce return rates for retailers by 60%. If a customer can see the development of a product, its features, how it works, etc. before they buy it, then that decreases the potential for wanting to return the product once they actually purchase it.
5) On-line video can be repurposed to use in sales presentations, trade shows & conferences, events, investor relations, television commercials, website pre-roll ads, in-store video, etc.
6) Three out of four respondents reported watching some type of short, professionally produced videos online regularly (Online Media Daily, June 2010)
7) You can share videos. A true “Viral Video” is a rare phenomenon, but a video doesn’t have to go viral to be effective. A recent video we produced about a new medical device is being distributed to a targeted audience of physicians and health care administrators. Going viral would not necessarily benefit this particular company but showing the video to specific people with the means, the authority, and the need to purchase the device does provide a huge benefit.
8) You can drive people to your website by sharing links to your video in your company newsletter, your press releases, and your Social Networking sites (including Twitter!!!). The more places you post your video the more people you expose to your message.
9) Mobile video continues to grow and will only get more popular as more and more people begin to use SmartPhones and other mobile devices like the iPad.
10) Video is awesome!!!